#1 Use a mild shampoo
The most important of step to keeping your hair healthy is keeping it clean. And the product you choose needs to be right for you. Always keep them mild.
- For dry hair: Choose one doesn’t further strip your hair of its natural oils.
- For oily hair: Choose one that works on limiting the activity of your oily scalp
Do use a clarifying shampoo every once in a while or the product build up will affect the results that your shampoo has.
#2 Use an egg to condition your hair
Eggs work wonders on your hair. The yolk is rich in fat and proteins, which greatly acts in moisturising while the white helps remove unwanted oils. Use eggs to condition normal hair, egg yolks for dry hair and whites for oily hair. Remember to rinse with lukewarm water only.
#3 Cleanse with lemons and olive oil
An itchy scalp can be the result of poor diet, stress or climate. Treat it with a mixture of two tablespoons fresh lemon juice, olive oil and water.
- Massage your scalp with this mixture and allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Wash off as usual.
The lemon juice helps remove dry flakes of skin while the olive oil moisturises the scalp.
#4 Repair damage with honey and olive oil
The sun’s rays can be really harmful for your hair and can damage it badly. To get rid of this problem, try honey and olive oil.
- Massage half a cup honey and two tablespoons of olive oil into clean damp hair.
- Rinse off after 20 minutes.
Olive oil conditions while honey has both anti-bacterial and conditioning properties.
#5 Use aloe vera for hair fall
Hair fall is an ever-existent problem. Aloe vera is perfect for healing the scalp and bringing the pH balance to normal. It also has cleansing properties that penetrate the pores, and cleanse them.
- Blend aloe vera gel with half a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Add two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix it and apply on your scalp and hair, and leave it on for at least 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair as usual.